Vehicle window tinting will make your vehicle cooler in the summer and warmer in the winter, and keep the sun’s bright rays more manageable as you are driving in Winston-Salem.
Have you ever been driving down the road and your sun visor just isn’t doing a good job of helping with visibility? Do you ever wish there was a way to keep your car cooler during the hottest part of the day?
At Innovative Solar Control Inc., we talk with customers all the time who didn’t know the benefits that vehicle window tinting can provide. Incorporating window tinting on your car, truck, SUV, or RV can help to:
- Reject Heat
- Block Damaging UV Rays
- Add Privacy
Additionally, vehicle window tinting will make your vehicle cooler in the summer and warmer in the winter, and keep the sun’s bright rays more manageable as you are driving.
The Laws Related to Vehicle Window Tinting
One of the main reasons, besides quality results, that we at Innovative Solar Control Inc. highly recommend going with professional vehicle window tinting rather than a DIY product is that the laws here in North Carolina, including the Winston-Salem area, are quite complex, and you could easily make a mistake that results in a ticket or needing to remove the tinting. Here are just a few of the guidelines related to vehicle window tinting that we are careful to follow in our work.
- Windshield Tint Darkness – North Carolina law requires that tinting on the windshield cannot come further down than 5 inches from the top and must stay above the manufacturer’s AS-1 line.
- Front Side Window Tint – Vehicle window tinting must not be more than 20% reflective and must allow a minimum of 35% of light to pass through.
- Back Side Window Tint – Vehicle window tinting must not be more than 20% reflective. For sedans, these windows must allow more than 35% of the light to pass through, but with SUVs and vans, any darkness can be used.
- Rear Window Tint – Sedan rear window tint must let at least 35% of light in, but any darkness can be used on SUVs and vans.
- Colors of Tint – Vehicle window tinting cannot be yellow, amber, or red.
- Other Requirements – To be allowed to have the back window tinted, the vehicle must have dual side mirrors.
- Medical Exceptions – This state does allow medical exemptions for special tint. With appropriate substantiation and completing the requisite application, a permit can be obtained for windshield tint with 70% VLT for medical purposes, such as intense sensitivity to sunlight.
At Innovative Solar Control Inc., we are knowledgeable about the different window tinting laws for cars, trucks and SUVs, and we’ll help you determine the best application for your vehicle. We use a Roland CAMM 1 Pro window film plotter to accurately measure window tinting materials specifically for your vehicle, so you get a precise fit based on your vehicle specs when our window tinting services are complete. We also offer a limited-lifetime warranty against bubbling, peeling, distortion and delamination.
Our most popular vehicle window tinting shade is the regular metallic tint, which blocks about 99% of the sun’s UV rays and 45% of heat. We also offer ceramic tint, which blocks 99% of UV rays and 80% of heat. This can be ideal for managing the temperature in your car, home, or office.
If you have questions about vehicle window tinting, or if you are ready to try it out on your own vehicle in Winston-Salem, North Carolina, give us a call at Innovative Solar Control Inc. today to get started.
At Innovative Solar Control Inc., we offer vehicle window tinting services in Winston-Salem, Clemmons, Mocksville, Lewisville, Advance, Lexington, Bermuda Run, Muddy Creek, Wood Lee, and West Bend, North Carolina.