Home window tinting is a great way to make your home feel more private. To keep your tint in the best shape, it’s essential to take care of it properly. At Innovative Solar Control Inc., our team can professionally apply your window tinting and provide you with tips on how to care for it. Continue reading to learn more.
- Cleaning Solutions. Use a light cleaning solution that doesn’t scratch to clean tinted windows. Don’t use cleaners that have ammonia in them because they can damage the tint. Instead, use a combination of mild soap and water or a cleaner made specifically for window tint.
- Soft Cloth or Sponge. Use a soft microfiber cloth or a sponge that won’t scratch your home window tinting. Also, wipe gently. Applying too much pressure could damage the tint.
- Avoid Sharp Things. Take care not to scratch your tinted windows with sharp things like keys or tools with sharp edges.
- Don’t Apply Stickers or Decals: While you can apply stickers or decals to your home window tinting, removing them may damage the surface. If you must use them, choose a window that isn’t tinted.
- Pay Attention. Check your home window tinting for signs of peeling, bubbling, or damage every so often. Contact our team if you see any issues so we can assess your needs.
Home window tinting is an excellent investment, but you need to take care of it so that it lasts as long as possible. Our team can provide you with pointers during installation and offer follow-up assistance as needed. Contact us today with questions about your window tinting or any of our services.